Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Pledge

The local gaming club is dominated by Warhammer 40k - there are some regular Flames of War players as well, but 40k is the staple played by most of the members. With the launch of Warhammer 40k's 6th Edition, I have made a pledge to learn the rules and become a Warhammer 40k player.


I made an attempt to learn to play Warhammer 40k in the past, and even have Deathwing and Chaos Space Marine armies. After spending 2-3 months collecting, assembling and painting my Frozen Fists, I got them to the local club and just couldn't get over the steep learning curve of the game. The rulebook is quite intricate compared to other systems I've played, and learning my own army, as well as that of my opponent, was too daunting.
So I put the 40k armies on the shelf and pursued other wargames. I found that, while those other wargames are awesome, it doesn't matter how great a game is if no one else plays it. So I'm now going to bite the bullet, climb that learning curve, and learn how to play 40k!

Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment